As promised here are a couple of recipes from our wonderful Prabhat so you can all enjoy the delicious food served at July’s Saturday Club….
Mixed Vegetable Curry
1) One large aubergine
2) Medium sized cauliflower
3) Medium sized potatoes
4) Frozen peas – small bag
5) One teaspoon full of chilli powder
6) One teaspoon full of coriander and cumin powder
7) Two teaspoon full of salt
8) Three teaspoonful cooking oil
9) Two tins of tomatoes
10) One teaspoonful of cumin seeds
1) Chop all the vegetables and wash them thoroughly
2) Take big saucepan, heat it
3) Put the oil in the saucepan when it is hot
4) Add cumin seeds
5) When the cumin seeds crack add the vegetables without water
6) Add all the spices and tomatoes
7) Mix all the vegetables and spices thoroughly
8) Cook for 15 minutes on a low heat
9) If you want dry veg but do not put water, If you want it curry like add water
Enjoy with rice and Chapati!
Rice with Chickpeas
1) 1 cup of basmati rice
2) 1 tin of chick peas
3) 3 tablespoons of oil
4) ½ bunch of coriander
5) 1 tablespoon of cumin seed
6) 1 tablespoon of salt preferred (but can depend on your own taste)
1) Take a sauce pan, add rice in the saucepan. Wash the rice two/three
times with water
2) Leave the washed rice in water for half an hour
3) Drain the water
4) Add fresh water according to the quantity of rice, 1 to 2 e.g; if there is one cup of rice take two cups of water but, it depends on the brand of the rice. Some take a bit more water and some take less.
5) Add all the spices, chopped coriander and chick peas
6) Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on a low heat.
Last of all eat with yoghurt!
1) 1 small packet of vermicelli (very thin vermicelli)
2) 2 pints of milk
3) 1 medium tub of single cream
4) 1 tin medium condensed milk
5) ½ packet of butter – small packet
6) 2 tablespoonful of each; almond flakes and raisins
7) Few drops of vanilla essence
1) Take a big saucepan, add butter and vermicelli
2) Fry it until it is a medium brown
3) Add milk, then let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes on a medium heat
4) Add cream, condensed milk, almonds, raisins and vanilla essence.
5) Cook on a low heat until it thickens, once again it depends on one’s own liking