By popular demand here is Prabhat’s recipe for the fab aubergine curry she cooked for us at December’s CTC Saturday Club. It is easy to follow and delicious to taste. We wish you bon appetite!
Ingredients (serves 4):
2 large aubergine
Half tsp salt (or less according to taste)
Half tsp turmeric
Chilli (according to taste)
2 large tomatoes or half tin tomatoes
Garlic – 1 clove
Ginger – 2 inches piece
Onion – 1 medium
2 tbs oil
Half tsp cumin seed (whole)
1 tsp cumin seed (powder)
Half tsp coriander powder
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Make a paste of the garlic, ginger and onion
- In a big saucepan pour the oil and when hot ADD cumin seeds to burst the spice from them
- ADD paste and stir around to mix
- ADD the rest of the spices and tomato and cook for around 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- ADD aubergine and simmer for approximately 15 minutes more
- ADD up to 1 or 2 cups of water if necessary as it simmers
Serve with fresh coriander garnish and rice and bread.
Do let us know how you get on with making this recipe.
A big thank you to Prabhat and her volunteer team of cooks for sharing their time and skills to cook for us at Saturday Club. Alongside the brilliant CTC performance of the Aladdin, it made for a very special day.